Hello and welcome to my first post on this new blog, Musings of Technology in Private Equity!
Throughout the last fifteen years of my career, I’ve served
as a senior executive for many private equity-owned companies. In that time, I’ve successfully led five
exits, with the most recent at more than 20x ROIC. Over my career, I’ve found one common denominator
leading to higher returns, the deployment of technologies enabling
transformational organizational change.
I am a doctoral student in the Doctor of Computer
Science program at Colorado Technical University (CTU). I plan to write my dissertation
on How Private Equity Firms Utilize Technology to Drive Investor Value. Today, there is very little scholarly
literature focusing on private equity (PE) and even less addressing technology's role in PE (Pang, 2021). Therefore, I anticipate my research to be
considered one of the seminal works within the field.
As a scholar-practitioner, I plan to use this blog for a
dual purpose. First, I anticipate
writing about my musings on technology within PE from my scholarly research and
professional experience. Second, my blog
will be used to partially meet the requirements for my Innovation and Futuring
doctoral program class during the Fall 2022 semester.
Thanks for reading, and I hope you find my writings and
musings entertaining and valuable.
References
Pang, K. Y. (2021). Value creation by private equity firms: A resource-based view
(Publication Number 28492355) [D.B.A., University of Missouri - Saint Louis].
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global. Ann Arbor. https://coloradotech.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://www.proquest.com/dissertations-theses/value-creation-private-equity-firms-resource/docview/2544473295/se-2
Comments
Post a Comment